While co-ed addiction treatment programs have helped many individuals recover, they don’t work for everyone. Women, in particular, can struggle with this type of environment. They may not feel comfortable sharing their thoughts, feelings, and insecurities around men. At Serenity Lodge, our women’s rehab program in Lake Arrowhead, California allows Clients to thrive in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
The Importance of Gender-Responsive Treatment
Many facilities struggle to provide women with specialized addiction treatment. Furthermore, the modalities don’t take into account the specific issues plaguing women. For instance, deep-rooted issues like physical and sexual abuse are common among women. If they’re in a co-ed treatment environment, they may feel less comfortable opening up for fear of judgment.
At Serenity Lodge, our compassionate professionals understand the unique issues surrounding women and addiction. Addiction goes hand-in-hand with mental health issues. The dual diagnosis treatment center in California addresses these underlying causes of addiction. Our women’s rehab program gives Clients the support needed to embrace lasting recovery.
Women’s Rehab Program Therapies
If you’re a woman struggling with addiction, our therapists know exactly what you’re going through. After all, many of them are in active recovery themselves. During your time in our women’s rehab program, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in a variety of addiction treatment therapies in Lake Arrowhead, California. Some of these methods include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Mostly used during individual counseling, therapists help women establish a connection between feelings and thoughts in order to change negative behavior patterns into positive ones.
- California acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT): True to its name, this psychotherapy approach teaches women to accept responsibility for past and present actions while committing to future change.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: For some women, co-occurring mental health disorders may be complicating the road to addiction recovery. Dual diagnosis treatment helps women address those underlying issues along with addiction itself.
- Relapse prevention education: While our women’s rehab program allows Clients to begin recovery the right way, you won’t be on our 22-acre grounds forever. Relapse prevention will teach how to cope with stressors without using.
- Experiential Therapy in Lake Arrowhead: Although talk therapy establishes a solid recovery foundation, we also encourage Clients to find healthy forms of expression. Examples include counselor-led drum circle and sing-along activities.
Along with proven, evidence-based approaches, we also provide beneficial amenities to make your recovery experience more fulfilling. We offer:
- Spacious living accommodations
- Indoor racquetball court
- Yoga therapy
- Fitness center
- Recording studio
- Outdoor pool
- 12-person sauna
- Meditation pyramid
Don’t let addiction control the rest of your life. With Serenity Lodge, you can begin down the path to a productive, substance-free life. Our individualized programs like heroin addiction treatment in California make recovery possible. Call us today at 866.379.4365 for the women’s rehab program in Lake Arrowhead, California.