Therapists and other medical professionals classify addiction a disease. As such, it requires specialized care. You wouldn’t go to an airplane mechanic to discuss the finer points of a hard shift problem with a Stingray Corvette. Similarly, you shouldn’t see just anybody for addiction help.
What Makes Choosing the Right Rehab Facility so Important?
When you consider that drug dependence combines to affects brain functioning and in turn physical behavior, expert addiction help is a necessity. Since people struggling with substance abuse are different from one another, a one-size-fits-all approach generally doesn’t work. For instance, different drugs call for different interventions. Helping those struggling with an opioid addiction is different from treating someone with alcohol dependence problems.
Characteristics of High-Quality Addiction Help
At Serenity Lodge, we recognize that withdrawal symptoms can be hard and even unhealthy to manage alone. We have a detox program to handle medically supervised physical withdrawal symptoms. Therapists realize that detox alone is insufficient to treat drug abuse (this is one of the reasons having our own detox program on site is helpful) because the rehab needs to follow right on the heels of the detoxification with a comprehensive treatment program. The process should include:
- A drug-specific intervention: During the rehab portion of the recovery, people dealing with substance issues need help related to their drug of choice. For example, someone overcoming a heroin addiction will have different needs than someone grappling with legally prescribed painkillers.
- Meeting the needs of Clients: A holistic recovery approach ensures that those seeking treatment participate in a program that considers the whole person. Exercise, relaxation, meditation, and socializing must be part of the program.
- Multidisciplinary therapy approaches: Going beyond standardized rehab protocol is vital. Effective treatment methods address a person’s needs as well as drug abuse issues. Examples include dual diagnosis treatments, 12-step programs, and family counseling as needed.
Getting Addiction Help at Serenity Lodge
At Serenity Lodge in California, we offer addiction help that goes beyond these requirements. Understanding that men have unique needs during recovery, we focus intently on supporting your recovery journey. Carefully-chosen amenities and therapeutic treatments align for excellence.
Benefits of receiving treatment at Serenity Lodge include:
- Intimate setting: Our 22-acre grounds provide a safe and nurturing environment for grappling with the challenges that are ahead.
- Individualized treatment programs: Evaluating Clients’ responses to treatment, skilled therapists assess and adjust therapy approaches as needed. Examples include residential inpatient and intensive outpatient settings, or whether or not Clients need dual diagnosis treatment. Our various healing approaches let you explore reasons for addiction and possible solutions. Clients benefit from programs such as grief counseling, cognitive behavioral therapy, and Experiential Therapy as well as an optional fitness component.
- Structured aftercare: Upon completing our core program, relapse prevention is an important aspect of recovery. Formal and informal aftercare activities combined with sober living opportunities gives you or your loved one the best chance at a permanent lifestyle change.
There’s a good chance that you’ve been inquiring about other rehab facilities for yourself or someone in your life. Making an educated choice is vital. After all, a prosperous future is hanging in the balance. As a nationally accredited facility, Serenity Lodge works with a number of insurance providers to minimize the financial burdens of treatment. We can even help you verify your insurance within 24 hours.
For men struggling with addiction, there’s hope. Call Serenity Lodge today at (855) 932-4045 to begin recovery.