Did you know that Concerta addiction is extremely serious and even deadly? In fact, this stimulant can send you into a downward spiral of addiction that will alter the course of your entire life. Learning the facts about Concerta is the first step toward beating your addiction and living a healthy, sober life.
What Is Concerta?
The brand name form of methylphenidate, Concerta is a prescription stimulant. Doctors prescribe Concerta to help increase a person’s focus and attention span while minimizing impulsive behavior and hyperactivity. That’s why medical professionals often recommend the drug for people suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Concerta also slowly increases dopamine production in your brain, creating a euphoric effect. Because of this, those who use Concerta recreationally or take more than their prescribed dose can quickly develop addictions. To enhance the high they feel, people often crush, snort, or inject the drug. In high doses, Concerta can cause permanent neurological changes in the brain and lasting psychological damage.
Signs of Concerta Addiction
It may be difficult to recognize signs of Concerta addiction in yourself or others. Some of the symptoms include:
- Strong cravings to use Concerta
- Using larger amounts of the drug to feel the high
- Fixating on obtaining the drug
- Continuing to use the substance even if it’s causing problems
- Attempting to stop use leads to paranoia, depression, and fatigue
Overdosing on Concerta can cause several dangerous symptoms including:
- Increased heart rate
- Irregular breathing
- Aggressive or compulsive behaviors
- Paranoia and other delusions
Anyone exhibiting signs of Concerta overdose needs immediate medical attention. Failure to attend to these symptoms can lead to permanent injury or death.
Lasting Solutions for Concerta Addiction
Lifting the burden of Concerta addiction off your shoulders is something you shouldn’t do alone. In fact, it can be dangerous to abruptly stop using this substance without medical supervision.
Overcoming addiction takes time, hard work, and intervention from compassionate professionals who dedicate themselves to helping people conquer their addictions.
That’s where Serenity Lodge can truly make a difference. We’re a men’s drug and alcohol addiction treatment facility located in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains of California. At our safe and private 22-acre facility, you can build the foundation of lasting sobriety based on freedom from addiction.
The professionals at Serenity Lodge understand that true sobriety requires healing the whole person. For that reason, you can expect an individualized treatment plan specifically designed to help you achieve your personal life goals. Our facility offers multiple levels of care, including:
- Medically supervised drug detox at our off-site partner facility
- Comprehensive evaluation of physical, psychological, medical, and addiction history
- Evidence-based addiction therapy
- Individual and group therapy
- Social and recreational programs including fitness center, sauna, movie theater, professional recording studio, meditation and more
- Family support and counseling
- Alumni support available for graduates
Perhaps you started taking Concerta to focus better in class or to lose a little weight. But, now that Concerta addiction is rooted in all aspects of your life, it’s time to take matters into your own hands. If you’re a man who is serious about reclaiming your life and working toward lasting recovery, call Serenity Lodge today at 866-479-4365. Your new life of sobriety starts today.