Not everybody who uses drugs or alcohol necessarily has a problem. For some, it’s no big thing to stop using a particular substance, even after extended use. For others, however, extended use leads to increased tolerance, dependency, and inevitably, full-blown addiction.
So, what exactly does an alcohol or drug problem look like?
Your path to recovery is waiting
and we’re here to help.
Our admissions specialist are available 24/7 to listen to your story
and get you started with next steps.
When you call our helpline, you will be connected with a caring admissions navigator to discuss your options for treatment.
Signs of drug and alcohol use can vary from person to person. You may have a serious problem if you can relate to any of the following circumstances:
- Drinking more or consuming larger doses of a specific substance than the rest of your social circle
- Hiding the true amount of your consumption from others for fear of being judged
- Blacking out consistently after drinking
- Feeling guilty, embarrassed, or ashamed because of consumption
- Failing to meet personal and professional obligations that stand in the way of your drug or alcohol use
- Crumbling personal and professional relationships
If the above situations feel familiar to you, it might be time to seek outside help for your addiction. Drug rehab treatment at a quality facility like Serenity Lodge can lead you away from abusive behaviors and show you how to maintain lifelong sobriety.