Synthetic drugs are man-made imitations of naturally occurring substances including methamphetamine, cannabis, cocaine, and morphine. Generally available as pills and dried herbs, these laboratory modified drugs can be incredibly dangerous.
Types of Addictive Synthetic Drugs
While these substances might be made in supposedly controlled conditions, they’re not safe by any means. They fall into four general categories:
- Synthetic cannabinoids: Substances like “Spice” or “K2” are far more potent than either regular synthetic marijuana or the marijuana plant itself
- Synthetic cathinones: Drugs like bath salts, “Molly” and “Flakka” are usually adulterated forms of the psychedelic drug MDMA.
- Phenethylamine hallucinogens: These drugs usually contain the psychedelic drug NBOMe
- Synthetic opioids: These are opium-derived drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone
The Symptoms of Synthetic Drug Addiction
It’s often difficult to recognize a synthetic drug addiction. For one thing, they depend on whether the substance is a synthetic cannabinoid, a synthetic cathinone, a phenethylamine hallucinogen, or a synthetic opioid. Even so, you will see the following general characteristics:
- Synthetic drugs are usually a substitute for their primary substance of choice.
- Compared to other drugs, the side effects are more dramatic. Fentanyl, for instance, is over 50 times more potent than morphine and can lead to overdose even in small amounts.
- Synthetic drugs can cause mental health disorders such as schizophrenia to develop even in people with no history of these conditions.
One of the unique challenges of treating someone with a synthetic drug addiction is that the substances are changing every day. New strains and compositions keep medical and mental health practitioners on their toes as they attempt to conquer the ever-growing addiction problem that is sweeping the country.
Effective Treatment Options for Synthetic Drug Addiction
Have you fallen prey to the glitzy reputation of synthetic drugs? If you’re afraid there’s no way out of your downward spiral, there’s hope for you. California’s Serenity Lodge is a safe and private, men-only drug and alcohol addiction treatment facility nestled in the stunningly beautiful San Bernardino Mountains.
By means of a thorough medical and physical evaluation, individualized addiction therapy, support for family members, and a stunning array of amenities, you can begin a life-changing journey toward wellness and recovery. Here’s just a small sampling of what sets Serenity Lodge apart from other treatment facilities:
- Comprehensive evaluation of medical and psychological needs as well as thorough addiction history
- Fully supervised, safe medical detox at our partner facility
- Spiritually-oriented, holistic inpatient care at our beautiful, private campus
- Evidence-based addiction treatment techniques including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Professional recording studio
- Pool and 12-person sauna
- Sports such as golf and racquetball
Get Help Before It’s Too Late
What truly makes Serenity Lodge the premier men’s substance abuse treatment facility is our emphasis on the whole person. As we work together to get to the root of your addictive and codependent behaviors, our compassionate staff members will offer support to both you and your family. They’ll help you embrace your recovery and teach you how to avoid relapse triggers.
Our peaceful surroundings and numerous amenities provide the perfect environment to accentuate your healing and recovery. And when you complete our inpatient program, we’ll continue to support you even after you leave our facility.
At Serenity Lodge, we know that rebuilding your life after the ravages of addiction to synthetic drugs and other substances will be a lifelong process. While there are no easy answers or magic solutions, we’ll be with you throughout your journey of healing. Let today be the beginning of your new life. Call us at (855) 932-4045 and start putting addiction behind you once and for all.