Are you a man who’s gone through rehab before but simply couldn’t shake your addiction? You’re not alone. In fact, there are plenty of men who repeat their treatment at other facilities with more success. However, why do some drug and alcohol treatment centers fail to help their program participants?
Locations of Rehab Centers Matter
Perhaps one of the biggest mistakes some facility owners make is their location selection. Addiction is a disease where stressors can easily incite drug or alcohol use. When a drug rehab sets up shop in the middle of a city’s hustle and bustle, you can’t escape them. Instead of relaxing and focusing on recovery, individuals with a substance abuse problem feel surrounded by negative influences.
When Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Don’t Have Programs that You Need
Of course, the location of the treatment center is only one problem. Another issue is when a facility lacks critical addiction treatment programs. For example, when a facility’s therapies focus primarily on group counseling and discount one-on-one interactions with counselors, it’s detrimental. Program participants who thrive in personalized counseling settings won’t find the help they need within constant group interactions.
Additionally, facilities that only offer an intensive outpatient program option might not be helpful. For the majority of individuals with a substance abuse issue, an inpatient drug rehab is the best solution. It protects them from dealers and co-dependent relationships that make a recovery almost impossible. It also separates them from the stresses of daily life that may be contributing factors in their drug use.
Therapies Offered At Our Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
One evidence-based method used at drug and alcohol treatment centers is behavioral therapy. A therapist helps you understand and then change the negative thoughts behind your self-destructive, addictive behaviors. The objective of behavioral therapy is turning positive thoughts and behaviors into a habit for you to follow.
Another method used at drug and alcohol treatment centers is holistic therapy, which includes massage, expressive arts, and meditation. Unlike evidence-based psychotherapy, holistic healing focuses on participating in positive experiences. In holistic therapy, patients express themselves and calm their minds in order to overcome the psychological roots of addiction.
Therapies offered at Serenity Lodge drug addiction treatment centers include, but aren’t limited to:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT, a type of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) asks people to alter negative behaviors. ACT at drug and alcohol treatment centers improves clients’ well-being by teaching them how to overcome negative thoughts and feelings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. CBT therapists at drug and alcohol treatment centers help patients develop coping strategies to discourage negative behavior. Clients also learn new, more highly productive ways to deal with life without coping with addictive substances.
- Relapse Prevention
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Family Support Program
The Right Amenities and Therapies Can Help Men Recover
Unlike run-of-the-mill drug and alcohol treatment centers, the best facilities welcome clients into serene settings. Away from the inner cities and even many residential neighborhoods, they offer a respite to clients. They also offer a menu of amenities and treatments that provide something for all men. Examples include:
- Intensive one-on-one psychotherapy in the form of cognitive behavioral treatments and other evidence-based modalities
- Private rooms that offer comfort to program participants and restore their dignity in ways that communal sleeping halls cannot
- Group therapies that boost self-esteem, peer relationship formation, and relapse prevention approaches
- Nutritional prepared mealsal prepared mealsal counseling, fitness therapy, and meditation to support a complete mind, body, and spirit approach to recovery
- A fun environment that includes sports activities and entertainment to practice daily living without using
Far too often, drug and alcohol treatment centers don’t help clients visualize and then practice living without using. By doing so in an inpatient setting, you practice these skills before leaving the center.
Go to Where Experts Can Help You
At Serenity Lodge in California, you receive the understanding, safety, comfort, and peaceful environment you crave. Clients participate in customized rehab therapies and activities. Whether you’ve tried quitting before, or this is your first time, our compassionate professionals and proven programs can have a profound impact on your recovery. Call us today at 855.932.4045 for an admission consultation.