Alcohol abuse has the power to destroy every aspect of your life. It can ruin your personal and professional relationships, home life, and career. It also increases your likelihood of experiencing legal troubles and, subsequently, your financial situation. By seeking help at a quality drug and alcohol rehab facility centered around the 12-Step program, you can effectively learn how to quit drinking alcohol.
Need To Learn How To Quit Drinking Alcohol?
Long-term heavy drinking can negatively impact one’s health and life in general. In fact, when compared to all other drugs, alcohol produces arguably the most dangerous long-term effects.
Most of us know about the possible consequences associated with drinking, but many people overlook the benefits from ceasing alcohol consumption.
If you’re looking for motivation to quit drinking, consider these benefits:
- Clearer mental focus
- Less stress on the body’s vital organs, including the heart, liver, and kidneys
- Improved central nervous system function
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Better weight management
- Less risk of depression
- Strengthened personal and professional relationships
- Saving money
- Lowered high cholesterol levels
- Decreased glucose levels
- Improved sleep and feel more energized when you wake
- Enhanced work performance
Learn How To Quit Drinking Alcohol With Professional Rehab
If you would like to take the first step toward getting sober and opening the door to a new life, Serenity Lodge in beautiful California is a place where men heal and seek refuge. From enrollment to successful program completion, our experienced staff is ready to assist you through each step of the recovery process. Clients can feel comfortable in a therapeutic, judgment-free environment.
Our treatment program components include:
- Comprehensive substance abuse and drug rehab programs
- Residential inpatient
- Intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization program options
- Dual diagnosis for those struggling with a co-occurring mental disorder
Therapy Is How To Quit Drinking Alcohol
At our alcohol addiction treatment center, you’ll get the therapy you need to reach recovery. After going through withdrawal during detox, therapy builds upon physical sobriety by focusing on the psychology of your alcoholism.
One way therapists teach you how to quit drinking alcohol is through behavioral therapy. Behavioral therapy is an evidence-based method that retrains your brain to stop negative thoughts and behaviors. A second method is holistic therapy, including massage, expressive arts, and meditation. Holistic healing, unlike traditional psychotherapy, uses the power of participation in positive experiences to help patients. Whether its venting repressed emotions through creativity or meditation to clear their mind, holistic healing has a number of benefits for alcoholics.
Group therapy is near-universal as a way how to quit drinking alcohol, having been pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous. Group therapy aggregates alcoholics around the mutual goal of sobriety as they work with a therapist. Therapies offered to alcoholics at Serenity Lodge include, but aren’t limited to:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT, a type of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) calls for people to alter negative behaviors. ACT at an alcoholism treatment center improves clients’ well-being by teaching them how to overcome negative thoughts and feelings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. CBT therapists help alcoholics develop coping strategies to discourage negative behavior. Clients also learn new, more highly productive ways to deal with life without having to cope via the bottle.
- Relapse Prevention
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Family Support Program
- Group Therapy Program
- 12-Step Program
The Path To Long-Term Sobriety is a Phone Call Away
Recovery doesn’t have to be overly complicated. Serenity Lodge in California offers men who are struggling with addiction a safe place to regain their strength, independence, and dignity. We offer private spacious rooms, luxurious amenities, and a peaceful environment on our 22-acre property to help make the recovery process more enjoyable.
Our amenities include:
- Sauna and massage therapy
- Racquetball courts
- Fully equipped fitness facility
- Meditation Pyramid
- Movie theater
- Recording studio
Don’t settle for a life ruled by addiction. At Serenity Lodge in California, we can help you get clean and learn to live without alcohol. Our staff, many of whom are also in active recovery, will teach you valuable coping mechanisms for dealing with real-life stresses to prevent future relapses.
For more information about our treatment programs and how to achieve long-term sobriety, call Serenity Lodge today at 855.932.4045.